1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mary Portas : Secret Shopper

Discussion in 'Personal' started by charlotte.johnson06, Jan 19, 2011.

1. charlotte.johnson06

charlotte.johnson06 New commenter

Who is watching this?
    I quite agree with her comments about Primark; I now avoid it if its too busy or I always have to put an item back if the queues are too long.

2. charlotte.johnson06

charlotte.johnson06 New commenter

Who is watching this?
    I quite agree with her comments about Primark; I now avoid it if its too busy or I always have to put an item back if the queues are too long.

3. I have got it on. I never shop in any of these places but I should think these poor b.uggers are paid next to nothing and feel a bit sorry for them.

4. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

You pay for what you get sweetie.standards in Fortnums remain high x

5. Do you feel like Lady Gaga? P.iss off would be my response, i am afraid.

I wasn't going to say that, i was going to question the "I have such a signature haircut" moment, and what was she wearing when she visited Chris - that magenta tabard over a green jumper?

6. But Gorgy - we are not their intended market. They are aimed at teenage girls, and teenage girls will LOVE the different changing rooms. I must admit the techno-freak in me liked the idea of buying as you try it on, and the tweeting machine.
    As for Primark, it is a hellish place. I would put up with the jumble sale experience and ridiculous queues if the products were actually of decent quality.
    The only time ive bought from there was for a tshirt for a fancy dress outfit that I knew I only needed to wear once.

7. OMG - have you turned over? Or is it still on the same side? Come back Mary, all is forgiven!

8. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Ain't that the truth!
    I love Fortnums because of the impeccable service by nice men in red tailcoats.

9. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

I would prefer worse service for cheaper goods...

10. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Fair enough. Your choice.
    Personally I can't stand crap service and there's no excuse for it, whether you're shopping in Primark or Fortnums.