1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Marshmallow igloos (!)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by whodbeateacher, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Unashamedly stealing ideas from fruitloop on here I promised my Year 2s that we'd make marshmallow igloos as part of their polar regions topic. They are all desperately excited however I'm now regretting it as I think it's going to cost me an arm and a leg (no school money, don't ask!).
    Anyone done this with anything else (cheaper!)? I thought of using polystyrene foam packing that comes in chips only to find that the ideal cylindrical ones are biodegradable and disintegrate when near water (or glue)!
    Help. I daren't disappoint them....

2. Yes, that's my plan. ASDA do mini white ones for 97p a bag, plus half an orange as a base and icing sugar 'glue'.
    They are so excited bless them... can't disappoint! Just hope they are not expecting huge ones!

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOL I was thinking more satsuma/clementine size!

I might have to do this when I do a week of habitats (science and art/dt week!).

4. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

Go ahead and steal! I used mini marshmallows and we stopped for regular chocolate breaks in the form of chocolate buttons!