1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mars vodka, anyone?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by oldhandatthis, Mar 27, 2011.

1. my daughter mad some Mars vodka in her first year at university.

It looked like a bottle full of dysentery to me!

2. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

Mmmmm.....not sure that would make me want to drink it lol!

3. My brother is a master at making flavoured vodkas. His skittles version is good although if you can't wait for them to fully disolve you can strain the mix then rebottle.
    His most interesting one is Fisherman's Friend vodka - it's powerful stuff, makes the vodka black and can cure the common cold.

4. Well - what a success story that was. Made up a small jar yesterday, with about 7 (taking to account the one for you one for me aspect) mini bars. As the jar was very warm (just sterilised) it seemed to start melting straight away. Purely in the interests of research, after all what cook does not taste their own creation? I had a taste - very strong, but the taste of the choc was beginning to come through. Tonight - almost all dissolved, only a few morsels of choc at the bottom, and as my friend said "Good s.hit, Gorgy!" Chocolatey and mellow and everything. Ooh, yum yum piggy's bum now it's (almost ) all gone. I still have most of a litre to go, I will stock up on Mars bars at the w/e and make some more. For a virtual tee-totaller I have done really well at drinking it.
    Next I have a bottle of Tequila. Don't drink slammers, Tequila Sunrise is Ok but I haven't got any grenadine. ANy ideas for a suitable chocolatey addition?