1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Marrow woes

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by found nemo, Jul 31, 2011.

1. OH has returned from his parents with a HUGE marrow, promising that we would eat it. In the past, I have made marrow and ginger jam (which is great) but have neither the time nor the inclination at the moment. Save me please! I've looked up various stuffed marrow recipes, but couldn't possibly stuff this <strike>zeppelin</strike> beast. It's been sat on the kitchen table for several days making me feel guilty, I'm kind of hoping the dogs take offence and maul it.

2. OH has returned from his parents with a HUGE marrow, promising that we would eat it. In the past, I have made marrow and ginger jam (which is great) but have neither the time nor the inclination at the moment. Save me please! I've looked up various stuffed marrow recipes, but couldn't possibly stuff this <strike>zeppelin</strike> beast. It's been sat on the kitchen table for several days making me feel guilty, I'm kind of hoping the dogs take offence and maul it.

3. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Why not slice it into rounds and then remove the seedy-type pith and then stuff it? I very often do that when I stuff it - it makes it so much easier to serve!

4. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

You can cut it up! It's not sacriledge.
    Sliced without seeds and oven roasted in olive oil bit of grated cheese. Mmmmm.
    It's just an overgrown courgette you know.