1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Married couple, whats the best way to apply

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by SAHD, Jan 24, 2011.

1. My husband (Maths/Physics) and I (business/IT) are applying for posts abroad. So whats the best way? We send what they ask for in one email, i.e. both our separate apps/CVs are on one email. Is that ok or should we email seprately? If we do how do they know we are married? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. My husband (Maths/Physics) and I (business/IT) are applying for posts abroad. So whats the best way? We send what they ask for in one email, i.e. both our separate apps/CVs are on one email. Is that ok or should we email seprately? If we do how do they know we are married? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

3. Hi there - my spouse and I usually send one email with all the necessary attachments, and say in body of the email who each individual is and what they are applying for. I would say definitely don't send separate emails, as schools get so many applications that you may end up missing out because they don't connect you as a couple. Your subjects make you a strong couple as well, so make sure they know you are a package deal!