1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Married couple taking a trip

Discussion in 'School trips' started by tyler durden, May 9, 2011.

1. tyler durden

tyler durden New commenter

Hi,

I was just wondering if there were any guidlines about married couples supervising a residential trip?

We were planning a trip for next year and we're not sure if there were an issues with a married couple being the only staff on a trip?

Any advice appreciated.

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

My wife always comes with me on our Chicago trip. However although she is a teacher and holds several CRBs she is not staff at my school. First year she came as an extra adult and paid her own fare. She worked so hard the HT refunded her fare and said that she can go on all future trips.

To be honest it works quite well. 12 of the 14 kids on the trip are not from my school and so the staff are strangers to them anyway. We met up with most of them last week (the trip was last October) and many of the kids just call her 'mum'!

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

It also makes the trip cheaper as we share a room rather than having to pay for 2 singles 9in the US you pay by the room rather than by the person so a double is the same price as a single). The HT is also happy as because she is not staff he does not have to pay her nor pay for cover!

4. tyler durden

Does anyone have anything in their school policy forbidding it?

Can anyone see any problems with just a married going?

5. tyler durden

Does anyone have anything in their school policy forbidding it?

Can anyone see any problems with just a married couple going?

6. tyler durden

I've looked at the uino guidelines but they don't mention it.

Anyone know of any advice?

7. tyler durden

I've looked at the uinon guidelines but they don't mention it.

Anyone know of any advice?