1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Marmite

Discussion in 'Personal' started by chocolateworshipper, Feb 14, 2012.

1. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

Love or hate?

2. Wow! You're sooooo original.
    Why not start a thread on another advertising slogan?
    cyolba, neither one nor the other :)

3. chocolateworshipper

oh dear - no valentines cards this year then? Do feel free not to reply to posts that don't interest you.

4. Have you tried the Marmite flavoured Chocolate? I can't decide whether I like it or not, I like them both separately!

5. chocolateworshipper

Oh wow - no I haven't! Always very happy to try a new chocolate - so will certainly look out for it. Thanks for the tip!

6. If you think I'm shallow enough to be made happy or miserable by a company's marketing ploy, then you don't know me very well. To rectify matters, I have a slot free on 13th March at 6:30. Be prompt, places are limited.
    cyolba, never needing to blow his own trumpet :)

7. I'm sort of indifferent to it - I buy it now and again, but it can sit unmolested in the larder for months. Can you still buy Vegemite? I've not seen that in the shops for ages.

8. Oh dear....

9. LOVE IT!!!!!!

10. like it. not enough to say 'love it'. Saw Marmite cereal bars in a cheapie shop the other day. Couldn't get my head around that at all. Bit like the marmite chocolate.

11. I quite like Marmite. I tried the Marmite chocolate and I think it would be ok if it wasn't for the fact that they don't just add Marmite to it, but also garlic. I couldn't finish it. I quite liked the cereal bars, though, once I got used to the taste. I won't be buying them again though.

I like marmite on soldiers with a boiled egg, and it's a good base for veggie stock. Quite nice on a baked potato as well - as I learned as a student when I had nothing but potatoes and marmite!

12. Loathe and detest it!

13. UGH. Would not go near it with a barge-pole.
    It looks revolting.[​IMG]

14. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I saw it in Sainsbury's the other day. I find it very bland in comparison to Marmite. I always have to take a large pot of Marmite for my son when I go to Sydney but my daughter in law who is Aussie born and bred thinks it is 'woeful filth'.

15. Have you tried Promite, nutella? OH (Aussie born and bred) prefers it to Vegemite. I don't know if you get it in the UK?

I found Irn Bru in the supermarket last week. It was in the Foreign Food section, which cracked me up!

16. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I always used Bovril on my toast instead which I really like (and luckily they do in Aus) No idea what Promite is... x

17. It's techinically (just checked the label!) "vegetable extract spread" Same colour and consistency as Bovril, Vegemite and Marmite...... OH swears it tastes better!