1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

marks t grades AQA ENG LANG

Discussion in 'English' started by abaine2, Feb 19, 2011.

1. abaine2

abaine2 New commenter

Why the devil don't AQA make clear how many marks equal which grade in their new spec?

Does anyone know how many marks = A*;A;B;C;D;E;F;G;U? It seems a pretty basic thing to need to know.

2. sleepyhead

sleepyhead New commenter

Because they don't know yet.

3. abaine2

abaine2 New commenter

Crikey! Just have to approximate according to their blasted bands for now then (?) Thanks for the reply.

4. regentsreject

regentsreject Occasional commenter

Where have you been hiding? [​IMG] This debate has been going on for over a year. QCDA insisted when the new specs came in that marks to grade equivalents were to be removed by all boards. Check out the other threads on the English site about this.

5. What would be the grade equivalent for marks achieved on a foundation paper?

6. abaine2

abaine2 New commenter

The same. It's possible for a foundation kid to get, for example, a B on one paper; it's all added together: if they get higher than a C overall, they have to be awarded the top C ceiling, but the numbers and letters are the same for Fnd. and Hgh.

7. regentsreject

regentsreject Occasional commenter

As far as I'm aware, there is no 'ceiling' on F tier so if a candidate gets enough marks aggregated across the units to achieve a Grade B, they will be awarded a Grade B. As far as marks to grades are concerned, it won't be long now before this summer's results are published and then the mark breakdowns will be available for all to see.

8. abaine2

abaine2 New commenter

I'm afraid I have to politely contend that one; the highest you can get on the foundation paper is a C.

9. it was last year yes, not now though - they can get B

10. abaine2

abaine2 New commenter

Fair play!