1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

marks and spencers

Discussion in 'Personal' started by NellyFUF, Jul 27, 2011.

1. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

ah
    m and s are no longer offering returns on sale items. Beware.

2. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

ah
    m and s are no longer offering returns on sale items. Beware.

3. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

Oh but the lady in the shop told me that my purchases could not be returned.No matter what. I was not sure about the black coat. But I bought it anyway.
    What is the point of M and S if you cannot return things. Might as well go to Asda1

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Are you sure it's not an item that has been marked as damaged or soiled in some way? I know I have bought things like that before and have been told there can be no return of the item.

5. I am really cross with M and S. I called in yesterday and bought some scones, jam and cream to give to my dad's neighbour, for them to have a bit of a cream tea. As I handed it over I notieced that the scones were marked "Best before 26 July". I had checked the date on the cream but not the scones, and I was hugely embarrassed - wouldn't have minded if they had been marked down. Neighbour has sent a card saying they were lovely but our packet wasn't at all. Not really worth a trip to return them but I am really not impressed.

6. And more relevant - what Marlin said.

7. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

NO, these were just the sale items.

8. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Does it say anything about returns on the receipt?