1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Marks and Spencers flowers.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Dragonlady30, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I'm wondering if it's just me, but I've had M+S flowers sent to me twice and both times there have been problems. My sister sent a bouquet to remember our late daughter's 30th birthday. I answered the door to a young man who shoved the box at me and scuttled away. When I got inside I discovered why. The box had been on its side so it was soaking but the flowers had dried out. I couldn't tell my sister as she would have been mortified. Luckily, most of the flowers revived but it was disappointing that an action made with such love was spoilt by someone not ensuring the box was stable.

On Thursday we moved house and so one of my brothers sent an M+S flowers, champagne and chocolates hamper. Our house is not a standard shape but the front door is obvious. My brother paid extra for the package to be left at the door so we would find it when we arrived. We didn't!! I didn't find out about the package until Friday. Understandably, my brother was not happy. On Saturday morning a neighbour from across the road brought the box over as he'd just spotted it round one of the corners of the house. The flowers were wilting as the ends weren't in the water pouch.

As I wrote, is it just me who is unlucky or are M+S just not very good??

2. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

M&S just not very good, at this anyway. I’ve also had bad flower delivery experiences with them. The most consistently decent flowers and delivery service I’ve had has been with Next Flowers who package their plants & flowers very well.

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

I suspect your local M&S is not good.

When sending flowers I always use an independent florist who will deliver to the recipient.

nizebaby and Dragonlady30 like this.
  4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

M&S is my go-to for flowers ... mainly because they are a ten min walk from the house...

Got MrsLan some lovely purple pink things last week... points for me!

Jamvic likes this.
  5. border_walker

border_walker Lead commenter

Not always, years ago sent some to my Mum, only to find that they never delivered them. It was the last time I ever sent anyone flowers.

Jamvic likes this.
  6. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

Both firms mentioned so far deliver to the recipient. That’s what the OP is posting about, issues with the delivery.

7. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

I was given some M&S flowers recently. They said "Guaranteed for seven days". They lasted three.
    I was also given some M&S agapanthus plants in March. I planted them in days, and of the four plants, only one has sent up a single small leaf. Very poor.
    This March I was given a voucher for M&S and really struggled to spend it. there wasn't one single piece of clothing (apart from tights and a pack of knick*rs) I liked.
    I do want to like M&S, but they are a bit rubbish - apart from the food, which is nice.

Jamvic likes this.
  8. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

My son-in-law works for M&S customer service and flowers was in is remit. He gives customers a very good deal if they ring and make contact. I also was helped when they failed to deliver a wardrobe (well it arrived but delivery men didn't take it off the lorry as they said it was damaged)

Maybe give customer service chance to make amends (if the person you speak to is a southern US person.... it could be my son in law..... he receives excellent customer ratings :) )

knitone and Jamvic like this.
  9. nomad

nomad Star commenter

o_O

I am aware of that.

I was not suggesting that M&S did not deliver.

But some independents don't.

Jamvic likes this.
  10. eleanorms

eleanorms Occasional commenter

I'm sure Helen's son in law will make amends, but I put in another rating for Next flowers. Good price, perfect delivery, small but very pleasant choice and always beautifully fresh. They deliver through DPD.

Dragonlady30 and Jamvic like this.
  11. catmother

catmother Star commenter

You can spend them on food.

anotherauntsally and Jamvic like this.
  12. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

I’m sure your SiL is exceptionally helpful and M&S do have a great reputation for helping if a problem occurs with a purchase.

However, with flowers that have been delivered to someone’s door for a special occasion the recipient often doesn’t like to make a complaint in order not to upset the sender. It’s a tricky one.

13. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

Just what I was thinking. Get some Christmas food items.

nizebaby and Mermaid7 like this.
  14. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

My neighbour was sent flowers from Bloom and Wild and I was there when they arrived. They are put in a box that is flat enough to go through the letterbox.

I was sceptical, but, upon opening, the flowers looked fresh and intact.

Jamvic likes this.
  15. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Yes I have had flowers from Bloom and Wild and yes it is convenient to have them packed and delivered so. I got the feeling (from younger child ) that they had been quite expensive. The petals on the roses weren't great.

Jamvic likes this.
  16. vannie

vannie Star commenter

I've had lots of flowers from Bloom and Wild and they've always been great.

ilovesooty and Jamvic like this.
  17. May2

May2 Established commenter

I had some anemones sent to me by my son on Mother's Day last year from M and S. They were really poor and some were already dying. I didn't want to mention it to my son but telephoned M and S. They immediately arranged to send some more and I checked that the sender wouldn't know I had complained and they said no they wouldn't. Shortly after, my son rang to ask if they were not very good as yes, M and S had contacted him!

Jamvic likes this.
  18. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

In terms of longevity, the best flowers I have had were from Morrison's - not delivered but bought by my daughter. They lasted for the best part of two weeks and I was well impressed.

Jamvic likes this.
  19. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

I noticed that in their latest navel-gazing as to their continued failure in ladies' clothing, M&S have identified one issue as being insufficient supply of popular sizes for their popular items.

I have spotted a few items I would like to have bought recently (simple cardigans, corduroy jeans and black thick-fabric leggings) that just did not exist in a size 12 regular.

The sooner they get their act together in this respect, the better.

Jamvic likes this.
  20. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

How annoying. I’d have been really peeved at that.