1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Marking

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Sally006, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Corvuscorax20

Corvuscorax20 Star commenter

Are you going to take them out to wash their hands before and after?

covid has a death rate 100x greater than flu, and an even higher rate of leaving people disabled, so not really comparable

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Are most schools not using hand gel on entry and exit to all classrooms?

But if a child is breathing all over their book and then the teacher sits and breathes it all in, then I suppose it would be a problem. However, given the children have breathed all through the lesson and shared the air with the teacher who was breathing it all in, I doubt touching books will make a lot of difference.

On the union Fb page, someone was saying they are having no books and everyone working on file paper.
    On a primary fb page, most are saying no marking apart from assessments. A few are saying it's up to staff about taking books home or not as they wish...which seems a bit odd.

Sally006 likes this.
  3. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Established commenter

I'll clean my hands, Mark the books then leave them in the classroom overnight. They'll come in, wash their hands, pick up their own books and get on with their day; I really don't see the issue.

Any virus is compatible because we're not talking about the symptoms, we're talking about how they are spread. The guidance all along has been that handwashing is the most effective prevention of transmission.

Follow good hygiene practices, Mark, follow good hygiene practices, allow children into the room. Make them follow good hygiene practices, let them work in books.
    Repeat.