1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Marking year 6 SATs papers

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by mrspsparkle, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Hi, I'm hoping to apply to mark the year 6 Maths SATs next year. I wondered how you apply?

Does anyone know?

2. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

You could start here. 2014 writing but probably will still put you on the right track:

www.gov.uk/key-stage-2-tests-how-to-become-a-marker

You should be aware, though that Pearson won't look for Y6 SAT markers because they are tests for college entrance. You really mean national curriculum tests (NCTs).

Y6 have never done SATs (or Sats for that matter). Bit of assessment myth, really.

3. Isn't the year 6 old SATs called SPaGS now, which is the NCTs assessment since 2013? That's what our year 6 have just done. Is there something I do not know about? Wouldn't surprise me as things do keep changing,

4. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

SATs ("ess ay teez") are tests for college entrance. Nothing to do with the national curriculum tests.

/sats/ is a lazy nickname for NCTs. (There were /sats/ - standard assessment tasks (not tests) for a year or two in the early nineties. They were abolished. Then NCTs came in.)

As said above, Y6 have never done SATs. That's a fact.