1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Marking the writing paper , would you accept the following sentences?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by SueL107, Jun 5, 2011.

1. No you're right, the grammar, punctuation and suntax are not correct. But don't forget that when marking the writing paper, you don't take mistakes in isolation and out of context. I was told to look for what they have done correctly, not to look for the errors, and it's an overall impression rather than a sum total of all the mistakes in the writing. These errors might be balanced out by some examples of correct syntax and grammar.

2. Sorry - "syntax" - Freudian slip!

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

What's wrong with "pour mes loisirs"? I'm a native speaker too and it sounds right to me (but then again I've lived in this country a long time so sometimes get things wrong [​IMG]) Were you expecting "comme loisirs" instead?

4. davi_theuk

davi_theuk New commenter

Yes, and it counts as ONE mistake, because it applies to the same rule.

5. davi_theuk

davi_theuk New commenter

I also think it is acceptable.

6. badra

badra New commenter

Hi SueL
    You are right it's an overall impression rather than a sum total of the mistakes . I am meant to underlined the mistakes though on the paper in red so I just wanted to make sure that I was underlying " mistakes ".
    Thanks