1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Marking past papers for AQA AS Business

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by new2me, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Help, please! How do I mark the questions on last year's exam paper, in the section where there are discretionary marks awarded for how well the answer is communicated? If the question has a total of (say) 10 marks, several marks are awarded for giving specific pieces of information. If I give the student a mark for each one, then give 10/10 for communication, it will take it over the maximum award. I have looked at this alone and with the students and we can't work it out! no one else in the school teaches this subject and it is new to me. Any advice would be welcome please.

2. hlcoups

hlcoups New commenter

Hi, focus on response level marking rather than discretionary marks. Read the additional guidance on the front of the mark scheme that explains difference between reasonable and good for application, analysis and evaluation - this is the key. Then apply the levels e.g. if a student gets RAP reasonable application and RAN reasonable analysis they get L3 etc. If you want further info e mail me. Helen infoattime2resourcesdotcom