1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Marking OCR Nationals Unit 23

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by anon2047, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I wonder if anyone can help?
    I am currently marking some work, Unit 23 video at OCR Nationals Level 2. My question is this, if you fail the first AO, can you still pass the rest of the unit?
    Also, how do you arrive at the overall grade for the unit?
    Many thanks,
    J

2. Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Do you know if OCR actually specifiy this in writing anywhere as I cannot seem to find it.
    Many thanks
    J

3. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

Contact your moderator if you are unsure about the advice given above, however I would second that opinion and all AOs must be passed to achieve a pass/merit/distinction grade overall

4. The OCR website is down at the moment, but have a look on: http://www.ulearnit.co.uk/nationals/index.php as it's pretty much what OCR spout in their official documentation.
    I use best-fit when a pupil has completed say, most of the M criteria but missed one or two bits in an AO.

5. Hi,
    Many thanks for your help,
    Jaime

6. JM6699

JM6699 New commenter

The above advice is quite correct, All Pass criteria must be passed to achive a Pass overall.
    Be very wary though of using the criteria as a tick list at Merit and Distinction level. You should also be looking at the quality of the overall product as well as the criteria achieved when assessing.

7. Thank you!

8. It is a good idea to have copies of the video ( unit 23), powerpoint (Unit 1 AO3), Web graphics (unit 21) available for your moderator to view. This makes the work easier to assess and they can sign work off alot quicker.