1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Marking maths assessments, argh!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by captain oats, Jan 26, 2011.

1. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

My maths group did a Maths test today. Currently marking it and feeling very frustrated!

Have I taught them nothing?? Why can't they remember everything we've been doing over the past term and a bit?!

I know nobody will be able to answer those questions, just wanted to vent my anger!

2. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

My maths group did a Maths test today. Currently marking it and feeling very frustrated!

Have I taught them nothing?? Why can't they remember everything we've been doing over the past term and a bit?!

I know nobody will be able to answer those questions, just wanted to vent my anger!

3. inq

inq

They've obviously not been paying attention and distracting mine at the same time as mine have learnt nothing either. At least now I have someone to blame!

4. I felt exactly the same when I marked the last maths assessment, and I expect nothing much will have changed when I have to mark the next one in a week's time.... very frustrating! I find it even more frustrating though when they can't be bothered to check their answers properly, or 'forget' to answer some questions at all, especially when it's the easy ones on page 1!

5. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

We had a brilliant time today, the children were happily chunking away and had really "got it" Unfortunately they hadn't "got" subtraction which rather defeated the whole object of the exercise. How many times and in how many ways can you possibly teach bottom line from top!!!

6. Did a SATs practice today and it made me feel ill marking it! Think the school will be in special measures if they continue like this LOL!
    It really annoys me how we spend so much time going through methods to answer these questions yet they think that to answer the questions no working out is necessary what so ever! They often dont even add up or subtract in columns when they do try....
    Its difficult not to lose it with them but it'll get you nowhere if you do. Fingers crossed they'll be be better in May[​IMG]