1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Marking - how often and how detailed?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Soloyo, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Eflmeister

Eflmeister Occasional commenter

So how has the not using any comments and only allowing pointing out errors impacted student progress? You imply you’ve implemented this policy with the quoted comment @install so how is it working for you? I would just like to know :)

2. SEBREGIS

SEBREGIS Senior commenter

Nicely put. But good feedback is not the same as spoonfeeding. The purpose of it is to show the student 'how they could have done that better', then send them away to make the improvement themselves.

3. install

install Star commenter

Spoonfeeding is the same as over marking though ...or helping the student too much. Good marking can very quickly become 'stagnant' if done excessively. Over marking 'drowns' out the student's chances of being independent and realising the teacher is not always the 'oracle'..:cool:

4. Eflmeister

Eflmeister Occasional commenter

Why won’t you answer a simple question @install ? This is now the fourth or fifth time I’ve asked this and you seem to be deliberately ignoring me. Have you actually implemented the ideas you have mentioned multiple times in this thread or not? How have they impacted on student outcomes? It’s a fairly straightforward question and one I think should be asked when you are advocating that your idea is better than other people’s on here.