1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

marking homeworks for A level students

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by mathsideas, May 2, 2012.

1. I am in my second year of teaching at a sixth form college after 5 years teaching in FE and am struggling to cope with the amount of homework that I am required to mark for A level maths. Homeworks consist of 5 or 6 past exam questions and are usually set weekly. I have 4 classes (plus other non-A Level classes) and the number of hours spent marking every week takes up a substantial amount of time. There isn't time to go through the homework in lesson time. Could anyone offer any suggestions as to how to make things more managable? Thanks.

2. I am in my second year of teaching at a sixth form college after 5 years teaching in FE and am struggling to cope with the amount of homework that I am required to mark for A level maths. Homeworks consist of 5 or 6 past exam questions and are usually set weekly. I have 4 classes (plus other non-A Level classes) and the number of hours spent marking every week takes up a substantial amount of time. There isn't time to go through the homework in lesson time. Could anyone offer any suggestions as to how to make things more managable? Thanks.

3. JonStokes

JonStokes New commenter

Get the students to mark it? Give them a mark scheme, teach them how to use it. Im not sure if this is possible with A-level maths, how easy it is to mark etc, but its all part of self assessment.