1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Marking for literacy

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by smartio, Feb 7, 2012.

1. I was just wondering how people with a learning platform/VLE are marking for literacy? We use the RM learning platform and are struggling to come up with a coherent departmental policy. At present students are handing work in electronically and then the comment text box is being used to provide feedback. This will include a comment on literacy, however is very generic and not about specific mistakes. Does anyone else have a system that is working well for them?

2. I was just wondering how people with a learning platform/VLE are marking for literacy? We use the RM learning platform and are struggling to come up with a coherent departmental policy. At present students are handing work in electronically and then the comment text box is being used to provide feedback. This will include a comment on literacy, however is very generic and not about specific mistakes. Does anyone else have a system that is working well for them?

3. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

We did start doing as you do but then decided that response documents work well too.
    Does your VLE not allow uploading response documents?
    Download kids work, add comments, upload as response document.

4. This is what I do too! That way I can use the comments box to focus on the ICT aspect of the work and use the review/comments or even text boxes to highlight literacy aspects