1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Marking for AQA at GCSE

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by zoomzoomzoom, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Hi

Has anyone marked for AQA at GCSE? I have never been an examination marker before despite teaching for a few years or ever worked with anyone who did as they always said it was not worth the money. I was wondering what people thought would it be worth changing from tutoring for a few weeks? How bad is the money? The cahnges to the AQA spec. make me think it might be good experience. Also I have heard it has all gone to online now can you pick the question you answer?

2. pete14

pete14 New commenter

A normal allocation of scripts should pay about £800 after tax. It is hard work but does help if you are teaching the course. If you are marking online, you get an allocation of answers to every question and have to mark all you are given for each question. I guess they are still recruiting for this year.

3. WillowFae

WillowFae New commenter

What are the timescales for AQA? When do the scripts get sent to you and when do you have to get them returned by?

4. pete14

pete14 New commenter

Standardisation of marking usually takes place a few days, possibly a week after the paper is sat. Markers then have about 3 weeks to complete the work. If half term falls in the marking period, it is obviously less pressured unless you plan to go away or have stacks of school work to do.