1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Marking BtEC - providing feedback

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by marsoma, Nov 1, 2011.

1. I always give this type of feedback. I generally give feedback like this on individual pieces of work on a separate sheet in the back of their sketchbooks. Then at the end of the assignment I give feedback on the units they have covered which uses some of the wording of the performance criteria...such as. You have met P1 by....to meet M1 you now need to...! etc. I still would mention specific pieces in this feedback also AND at the end of the feedback I give then an action list that pulls out the main points for them to work on. If you send me you e-mail address in a private message I will send you an example.
    This was all seen as exemplary practice when I presented it to the external moderator when we had our school quality assessment last year. Hope this helps.
    M

vinslinchrist likes this.
  2. Hi, I have sent a personal message. Thankyou so much for your time. All help is greatly appreciated. We're all in this together......

3. Hi
    I was just wondering how you are getting on with your marking?
    I designed an interim marksheet that has all of the grading criteria linked to the tasks. I colour code it so that they can see what units and criteria they are achieving. It seems to be working but the BTEC spec continually changes so nothing can be used for very long.
    Have you seen the new spec yet? If you go online to www.btec.co.uk and go onto the art and design subject area, you can see all of the qualifications in the right hand box. The new spec has eben streamlined in accordance with the government guidelines.
    Hope this is of help?
    :)