1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Marketing Plan- Help Please!!! First ever lesson

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by uglybettyfan, Oct 10, 2008.

1. HI

I am totally stressing about a lesson I am preparing for on Monday. It is my first ever lesson as I am a PGCE student. It is for AS class, Applies Business, Unit 2, Creating a Marketing Proposal. At the end of the unit the students will produce a marketing proposal to launch a new product of their choice for McVities. Assessment is orally via a presentation to the class.

I am picking up from the teacher and planning my first lesson on The Marketing Mix- An Introduction. I plan to:
    #define the marketing mix and it's associated elements
    #get the students to relate the 4P's to a product. Probably ipod.
    And then I want to show the students how the marketing mix fits in to the marketing plan. I had thought of producing a template marketing plan and laminating it so all the kids have a copy (making the assumption that they need a marketing plan to base their proposal on). BUT I cannot find a suitable outline marketing plan anywhere- the one''s I have are from uni and are very complicated. Anyone have any ideas???

I am really stressing out now- have loads of bits of paper all over my dining room and think I am over-complicating things too much!!

Sorry for rambling

2. HI

I am totally stressing about a lesson I am preparing for on Monday. It is my first ever lesson as I am a PGCE student. It is for AS class, Applies Business, Unit 2, Creating a Marketing Proposal. At the end of the unit the students will produce a marketing proposal to launch a new product of their choice for McVities. Assessment is orally via a presentation to the class.

I am picking up from the teacher and planning my first lesson on The Marketing Mix- An Introduction. I plan to:
    #define the marketing mix and it's associated elements
    #get the students to relate the 4P's to a product. Probably ipod.
    And then I want to show the students how the marketing mix fits in to the marketing plan. I had thought of producing a template marketing plan and laminating it so all the kids have a copy (making the assumption that they need a marketing plan to base their proposal on). BUT I cannot find a suitable outline marketing plan anywhere- the one''s I have are from uni and are very complicated. Anyone have any ideas???

I am really stressing out now- have loads of bits of paper all over my dining room and think I am over-complicating things too much!!

Sorry for rambling

3. you do not have to pannic what you need to do is make sure you have your lesson plan, make sure you know what you are talking about and try to involve every learner as much as possible so that no learner can be left behind