1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Market Research for High school Students?

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by dearlouise, Oct 23, 2015.

1. dearlouise

dearlouise New commenter

Are there any organisations that offer market research projects for kids of high school age to get involved in?

Doing market research with my students at the moment and they LOVE it. Would love to get out there and some some real life market research where their opinions are valued rather than 'make believe' in the classroom.

frnc and JORDANDLADLA like this.
  2. Snorkers

Snorkers New commenter

I can't help with your specific question, but I've created 'real life' contexts from school - over the last few years, my GCSE Business Studies classes have researched the gym, the tuck shop and school discos. They've designed the questionnaires, analysed the results, made recommendations based on their data, and presented their projects to the appropriate member of staff. Something similar might work for you?

frnc and JORDANDLADLA like this.
  3. JORDANDLADLA

JORDANDLADLA New commenter

I can't help with your specific question, but I've created 'real life' contexts from school - over the last few years, my GCSE Business Studies classes have researched the gym, the tuck shop and school discos. They've designed the questionnaires, analysed the results, made recommendations based on their data, and presented their projects to the appropriate member of staff. Something similar might work for you?

frnc likes this.
  4. JORDANDLADLA

Doing market research is one one of best tools to use when your want to know customer preference in a certain area in which your business operate or you want to start a business.

frnc likes this.
  5. JORDANDLADLA

I do find it bizarre that the teaching bursaries give the trainees more money than they can expect when they get a job.

It's also bizarre that geography is now a shortage subject; the last time I was recruiting for geography (it was 2007) I got about 100 applications.

Oh, what do I think of the ad? Pointless.

Aubrey93 likes this.
  6. dearlouise

dearlouise New commenter

I had the students do this already - they thoroughly enjoyed it. They loved it, but desperately wanted to be on the receiving end of a research panel.

My endless searching appears to be inconclusive! Such a pity.

7. dearlouise

dearlouise New commenter

???

8. dearlouise

dearlouise New commenter

Not sure why you've hijacked my post with education politics...