1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Marjon PGCE Primary

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Cherrie163, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Hey guys,
    I called today and the admissions lady said that they are expecting their numbers in a next few days. Anyone who hasnt heard is still being considered for a place and should hear soon! xxx

2. Thankyou for this i was going to ring up too. Thats good, this is a step closer than I got last year

x

3. No worries hun! I will post as soon as I hear anything. I'm feeling exactly the same as you, last year I was rejected right away. Fingers cross for this year! xxx

4. Hey - Just wanted to say "Thanks" for keeping us all updated, i had an interview at Marjon on the 7th January for Primary PGCE and havent heard anything yet so reading this thread has reassured me.

Thanks again!! xxx [​IMG]

5. I will post too when I hear. Staying positive now, whatever will be, will be!
    x

6. Did anyone else get the poop scared out of them by receiving a very thin letter from Marjon that started with
    "Thank you for attending your recent interview. We had hoped to be able to contact you in Jaunuary regarding your application. Unfortunately....."
    BLAH BLAH BLAH Funding! Be in touch as soon as!

The way mine was folded it cut off at "Unfortunately" I was crying until I turned it over! The wait continues....

7. I made my poor brother open over the phone and read it to me!!!

But yup the wait goes on...

8. I'm not lying when I say my heart was in my mouth! Finger crossed for the offers soon! xxx

9. haha I had 2 hours left at school and just thought I can NOT wait that long!!
    After seeing the allocation list on the forum here's hoping soon

Have a look at this, it says for 14th February some kind of decision needs to be made by this date, have I read it right?

http://www.gttr.ac.uk/providers/importantdates/

xxx

10. Yeah I saw that but in the letter it says "We dont NOT consider the TDA announcement will be imminent..." I reckon that if the TDA doesn't make the announcement to anyone that the date will be delayed. Saying that though another thread says that IOE has their allocation of numbers already. xxx

11. Yes! [​IMG]
    I was staring at the envelope for an age thinking "That is too thin to be an acceptance letter"
    But as you say, the wait goes on....

12. Another Marjons person here- secondary English pgce.. Had my interview on 10th November and other than two letters about funding delays etc have heard nothing! The figures on here today say that they only have 10 places as do Plymouth who are my next choice so not holding my breath!!

13. Marjons are a joke institution. Steer clear!

14. If your going to make a statement like that please justify it.

15. rosiecg

rosiecg Occasional commenter

Hiya!
    I'm on the BEd Early Years at Marjon and can happily say they are not a joke institution! They have an amazing reputation and I don't know anybody who has been unhappy with anything about the teaching courses.
    It is very competitive for places here but it's definitely worth waiting for even if you have to delay your application for a while.
    They said that there would only be 10 places for my course but ended up accepting 18 of us so keep fingers crossed if you haven't already heard back.
    Good luck to everyone! x

16. hmmmm...well i went there for three years for my BA and i didnt find them to be a joke. It has a fab reputation and the course seems excellent.

17. Finally a reply! UNCONDITIONAL OFFER!! WHOOOOOOOO!

18. ME TOOO!!! I cant quite believe it!!
    I am so happy!!!! :)

19. YEAH!!! I'm so excited! We need to start a facebook group so we can all get to know each other before the course and chat about precourse stuff! xxxx
    ps: Sorry about all the exclaimation mark I'm just so freak happy! x

20. Haha! The exclamation marks are welcomed! I want to do cartwheels all down the street - I am so happy!!
    The facebook group sounds fab, by the sounds of the PGCE we are all going to need each other!! xxx