1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mariah Carey names her babies....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by chocolate_cupcake, May 4, 2011.

1. Moroccan Scott and Monroe Cannon.

2. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Brazil has a law where judges can overturn stupid names, Superman and Rambo have been vetoed in recent years.
    France apparently has a list of correct spelling for names so idiot parents who can't spell are not able to give their offspring "quirky" spellings for life while labelling them the children of fucktards.
    We should combine the two.

3. I disagree, mangle. When presented with a new class list, I need only to peruse it for a short time to know who will be nice, who will be loud, who will be thick and who will be the spawn of old nick (or Nnyk, as some would spell it). I am rarely wrong.

cyolba, condemning kids before I've met them :)

4. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

Am I the only one who actually quite likes Monroe as a first name? Admittedly, it might be better off as a middle name, but I don't think it's too awful. Apparently, Mariah Carey owns Marilyn Monroe's piano and is a lifelong fan. I don't think it's too bad a choice/reason.
    Moroccan, on the other hand....

5. Perhaps they'll call him Rocky for short. That's almost normal.

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

So, is Monroe a girl or a boy?
    Come to think of it, is Moroccan a girl or a boy?
    All crazy!
    The thing is, will they be little brats at school as most wierdo named kids are?

7. [​IMG]
    Careful MSB - I'd patent that before some celeb uses it.
    Stupid names. I think anyone who calls their kids such bizarre things (for effect - 'look how original I am'?) is short of a few brain cells.
    I really like unusual names, but cranky and whacky combinations like MC's make her look rather desperate to be original. They don't sound pleasant, have no historical or mythical value and don't roll off the tongue easily either.
    Her prerogative though. Poor kids.

8. Or Moron.

9. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

[​IMG]

In the school in Spain where I work as a volunteer there is a girl called LadyDi. All one word. Pronounced lad dee dee . And another called Nemesis.
    Nemesis!
    I just hope there is some form of divine retribution against those parents.
    Other Names I Have Known:
    Jason Mason
    Cherry Wadge
    Felicity Joy
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    By popular demand! In response to Tessers e-mailing in: another Job Seminar now on Saturday 14th May:
    www.tesweekendworkshop25.eventbrite.com
    * * * I´m told that although there´s still 9 days to go, this is nearly full, with extra chairs being actively sought. Book soon or lose your chance!* * *

The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May
    BUT NOW SOLD OUT. EXTRA SESSION now arranged for afternoon of Saturday 14th.
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

10. If they are anything like their mother allegedly is, I think she could have called them the most normal names on the planet and they'd be little brats.
    I nearly got called a weird name... Dad wanted to call me either Austin Princess (please note: I am a girl!) or Boudicca. I am so glad my mum is very sensible! Saying that, my name is unusual in that it's not a common name, so I didn't get away too lightly!
    Moroccan is a boy, Monroe is a girl. I can kind of understand 'Morocco' as a name, but Moroccan? He's called Moroccan because the top floor of her NYC apartment is decorated with a Moroccan theme! Reference!