1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mardi Gras / Carnaval videos?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by mllemaki, Mar 1, 2011.

1. mllemaki

mllemaki New commenter

Hi all,
    Sorry if this has already been asked before. I did try searching the forums and came up with no results.
    Does anyone know of any links to any Mardi Gras / Carnaval videos suitable to show to Year 7s and Year 8s that give a good sense of what Mardi Gras/Le Carnaval is like? After spending a good hour or so on Youtube this evening, I've managed to find 2 decent ones (one in Nice and one in New Orleans) except they show breasts, so I can't use them in class.
    I'd be really appreciative if anyone could point me in the right direction!
    Many thanks in advance!

2. mllemaki

mllemaki New commenter

Hi all,
    Sorry if this has already been asked before. I did try searching the forums and came up with no results.
    Does anyone know of any links to any Mardi Gras / Carnaval videos suitable to show to Year 7s and Year 8s that give a good sense of what Mardi Gras/Le Carnaval is like? After spending a good hour or so on Youtube this evening, I've managed to find 2 decent ones (one in Nice and one in New Orleans) except they show breasts, so I can't use them in class.
    I'd be really appreciative if anyone could point me in the right direction!
    Many thanks in advance!

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

have you looked for footage in Venice?

4. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

5. landaise

landaise Occasional commenter

There are videos of the Carnaval de Dunkerque on their website. I don't know if you can access it there but TF1 have done recent reports on carnivals on the 13h.
    M6 did a report on the Carnaval de Dunkerque last week too, try their site too.