1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Marchlands finishes tonight

Discussion in 'Personal' started by mammal, Mar 3, 2011.

1. I have really being enjoying this drama and I'm looking forward to the conclusion tonight. Any one else following it?

2. I've been watching but not really 'following'. To be honest it has just been on as background noise most of the time!

3. Really good, but spooky.
    Watching now.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I'll be watching later - it's on at the same time as The Good Wife which is excellent.

5. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

I suspect the grandfather - possibly left Alice unattended while he 'visited' Olive's mother? He always looks guilty...

6. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

Sheesh. It's taken Ruth 3 episodes to work out the meaning of AskOR.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

That irritated the life out of me - it took me as long as it took for the steamy glass to clear.

8. Really enjoyed it, but the ending was predictable..

9. Same here. it's not very often that I follow things over a few weeks, but I have been watching this and 'The Promise' and have really been enjoying both.

10. I also watched The Promise, and enjoyed that too, although it was very 'deep' in places..

11. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Marchlands was good - great cast, I thought. Mind you, I think they could have cut it down to 3 episodes, it was rather obvious that the Grandad was lying about something. Quite spooky in places though, and I liked the quick changes of era.

12. Yeah, and the 'props' were pretty good, having lived through all three era's...[​IMG]

13. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I've just finished watching it.
    Ultimately very disappointing and completely predictable with some very, very wooden scripting.
    I liked some of the acting but Denis Lawson can do so much better.
    Is it just me or was there a serious anomaly with Olive's age? Ruth said she had to wait 43 years to get the truth about Alice which makes Olive around 50 which is fair enough - but she didn't seem substantially older than Mark when they had their relationship and he didn't appear to be around 50 in the up to date strand of the story.