1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

March in London on 26th March

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lookingfornemo, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Anyone else going on this? I've never been particularly militant, but having done a bit of reading about the pension changes etc, I've just emailed the union to ask if I can reserve a seat on a coach going to London that day. Apparently the governement is waiting to see how the march turns out before revealing what their plans are - so the more people who go on the march, the better.

2. Anyone else going on this? I've never been particularly militant, but having done a bit of reading about the pension changes etc, I've just emailed the union to ask if I can reserve a seat on a coach going to London that day. Apparently the governement is waiting to see how the march turns out before revealing what their plans are - so the more people who go on the march, the better.

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

I've been pondering similarly.

4. I'll be there! going on the coach from Swindon. I'm Currently working as an LSA and about to be starting a PGCE in September, not best pleased about how cuts will be effecting people in my position (training places slashed in half and bursary scrapped.) So I thought rather than moaning to my poor family and friends about it I would take to moaning on the streets of London :)

5. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

We should ALL be going on this march if we care about our pensions.

6. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

...not only that...how many of you realise to what extent this will hit your standard of living during retirement? I was really annoyed by the guy from 'moneybox' on the bbc the other day. His argument equated to, 'well, it needs to be brought in line with the private sector'. Surely the private sector should be brought in line with us - not the other way round. Not only that, it's one of the perks of our job.
    MM

7. It certainly is March in London on March 26th. And the 25 days preceding it, and the 5 following it.

8. It surprises me that it hasn't been more widely publisized as it will affect us all.

9. definitely going....!

10. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

I will be there.
    Pensions, libraries, NHS, schools, care of elderly, youth services, jobs ........ so many reasons to go.
    I'm taking my whistle, so don't forget your earplugs!
    [​IMG]

11. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I shall be climbing Snowdon with some year 9s