1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

March 2012 and June 2012

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by pencho, Dec 19, 2011.

1. pencho

pencho New commenter

Surely this depends on how you have prepared your students. Have you focussed on the problem solving/function questions - if so June would be okay. Alternatively if you have not done as much work on this then march 2012 may be better (although some of the legacy specs seem to contain much more problem solving anyway).

2. September

September New commenter

My school is in major panic mode this academic year. Based on our cohort our whole school resultsinc E & M are good but compared to schools in our borough we come very near the bottom.
    Maths and English results separately are very good but the merge does not reflect this so we have had to do entries for November and we will be doing entries for March and then June. Three attempts. It is not something that I advocate but I am not the boss of my school.
    Students have been working their socks off and really enjoy maths and they have entered into the spirit of it. Most of our students don't have a problem with revising for maths. They regularlly saw that revising for maths is just practice practice practice. We await the 11th January for the results.

3. yes September, my school is pretty much the same although with the cohort this year and the change in spec, students not doing too well in the current modular framework system, so going for Linear three times, hence Nov, March and June too!