1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mapping EYFS profile to P-scales.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Gerbils150, Sep 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gerbils150

Gerbils150 New commenter

I have a young boy in my Year 2 class who, throughout Yr 1, was assessed against the EYFS profile. I am keen to move assessment to P scales. My challenge will be how to "translate" his end of Yr 1 assessment (i.e. 40-60+ months, 30-50 months etc) to a start of year 2 position in terms of an appropriate P scale point. Once I've translated his opening data I will be able to show progress throughout the year. Is there any recognised mapping tool which will "translate" EYFS attainment or is it a case of using professionaljudgement and best fit? Thanks!

2. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

Do you know that there will be new performance descriptors published this year for KS1&2 for those working below the programme of study (replacing P-Scales)? These new standards will be what you will need to assess your pupils against the the end of the Key Stage. In the situation you describe, most schools would use some kind of small-steps programme to track progress. Things like BSquared etc...