1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Maple Leaf Schools in Asia

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by TeacherMan2019, Jul 22, 2019.

1. TeacherMan2019

TeacherMan2019 New commenter

Anyone here have first- or second-hand experience when it comes to schools throughout Asia that might use the word "eh" a lot? Additionally, I'd be super interested if anyone knows something about either/both of the Great White North schools in Hong Kong.

A PM would be great, but feel free to chime in below on a more general basis. Sorry for all these awkward descriptors, just want to stay on the right side of the law here!

2. Helen-Back

Helen-Back Occasional commenter

I dont know much about Maple Leaf, but as far as I know they tend not to be very international in student numbers. Mostly locals. I think a couple of schools have large Korean and Taiwanese populations. They pay quite reasonably and they tend to be in 2nd tier cities, so cheaper costs.. I know Dalian is a nice place to be.

Maple Leaf tends to be somewhere relatively new Canadian teachers go to get some experience or where retired Canadian teachers go to double dip.

My info isn't particularly up to date, but I hope it helps.

3. TeacherMan2019

TeacherMan2019 New commenter

Thanks @Helen-Back, appreciate the thought. I'll send you a PM here shortly. I know that as a Canadian I'm not at all limited to these schools, I just figured they might be a great way to get my foot in the door of international teaching.

4. Helen-Back

Helen-Back Occasional commenter

Yes, most Canadian schools are foot in the door experiences, mostly focused on local students and pushing them into Canadian universities when they graduate.