1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Map of the UK/World - KS1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by absa, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Can anybody recommend a good place that I can obtain maps of the UK/world from that would appeal to KS1 pupils?
    I would like to know if there is anywhere that I could print ones for table top work as well as a place to purchase a good one for the whole class.
    Finally, any IWB activities that people could recommend for use on this topic?
    I have got lots of ideas for simple work based on Google Earth images where children will create their own, simple map but I am struggling to find large maps that aren't too technical.
    Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated!

2. Can anybody recommend a good place that I can obtain maps of the UK/world from that would appeal to KS1 pupils?
    I would like to know if there is anywhere that I could print ones for table top work as well as a place to purchase a good one for the whole class.
    Finally, any IWB activities that people could recommend for use on this topic?
    I have got lots of ideas for simple work based on Google Earth images where children will create their own, simple map but I am struggling to find large maps that aren't too technical.
    Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated!