1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mantra Lingua recording pen - changing it to English?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by pocoyo, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has one of these pens in their classroom. I recieved one for my Year 1 class and I can't figue out how to get the pen to say the word in English. It only says it in French. I have posters with pictures and you press the pen onto the dot on the poster and says the French word. However, I'm pretty sure you can get the pen to say the English version of the word. I can't figure out how to do it and there is nothing about it in the instructions.

If anyone knows I would be very grateful if you could tell me how to do it. :0)

xx

2. funambule

funambule New commenter

I think you'll find you need to buy/upload the sound file in English. As you say you `received one' it may be that the person who gave it to you- a LA Languages consultant perhaps?- had ordered the pen to ne pre-loaded with French.
    If the pen is pre-loaded with English it should be possible to touch the start button again to switch to English.
    If still in doubt, contact Mantralingua/Talkingpen.