1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mantle of the Expert

Discussion in 'Primary' started by NewJob2010, Jul 17, 2011.

1. NewJob2010

NewJob2010 New commenter

Does anybody use? Just wondering what it's like - looked at their website but was wondering if anyone had anything?

NJ x

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Sounds fab...I could absolutely see me (us cos my partner teacher would as well) using it for a week project once each half term or similar and then yes maybe, if it worked well, the last half term of the year.

What do I need besides what is on the website? (Other than a way to persuade my HT that I need to go from Oxfordshire to Suffolk for a weekend!)

3. Don't try and tackle the whole lot at once!
    *** is comprised of three elements:
    Dramatic Inquiry (children IMAGINE they are in various situations, they do not PRETEND)
    Inquiry Based Learning and
    *** as a system
    Its definitely worth beginning by looking at dramatic inquiry or inquiry (task based learning) first.
    If you have that pretty well sorted then begin with introducing *** noting that whilst the children will be behaving "as if" in a company (with a client and commission) they can also imagine they are a wide range of other people and situations that they may be exploring. The company is there to drive the work forward in a purposeful manner.
    I hope that helps!
    The more planning you read the clearer it will become but small steps at first as it is a pedagogy so there are lots of stages to it.
    Hope that helps a bit!
    Good luck!!