1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mango Kulfi

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by henriette, Jul 9, 2011.

1. henriette

henriette New commenter

I picked up a (very) cheap can of mango pulp today - what do I do to turn it into Kulfi?
    Can I just mix it with coconut cream and freeze?
    (Yes, I have an ice cream machine)

2. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

Roughly chop the mango flesh and place into a food processor with the icing sugar and lemon juice. Blend to a purée.
    <li class="instruction">Transfer the mixture into an ice cream machine and churn to freeze, according to manufacturer's instructions.
    <li class="instruction">Once frozen, remove and place into a container. Cover and store in the freezer until ready to serve. It will keep for a couple of months.
    </ol>

3. Si N. Tiffick

I have no idea why the formatting has gone weird- when I went to reply, it looks fine in the box above, but not on the thread page. Hope you have decipher it.

4. henriette

henriette New commenter

so my can of pureed mango with syrup could just make a sorbet on it sown, same as a tin of any other fruit which I would chuck in the liquidiser?
    Superb!
    Guess what's on the menu tomorrow!!

5. Si N. Tiffick

How did the sorbet go? I saw cans of mango pulp in the supermarket today and wondered...

6. henriette

henriette New commenter

I got sidetracked and haven't done it yet.
    Were you in Tesco?

7. Si N. Tiffick

Yes, they had it in the ethnic foods section. Let me know if it works out. I usually only make sorbet with mangoes that are getting a bit squishy in the bowl- they often come in packs of 2 and we only eat one at a time. The other one often gets a bit squishy and ends up in the freezer!

8. henriette

henriette New commenter

For us it was in the entrance:
    Good basmati (the one that I usually pay 8.99/9.99 per 5kg bag) ar 2 for &pound;10
    Chickpeas and tomatoes at 29p
    Mango pulp at 79p
    Coconut milk at 59p
    Chapattis at 2 for 1.50 (usually 99p/pack)

.... and I only went in to buy a birthday card!!

9. Si N. Tiffick

now I'm just downright jealous, H! Those are all staples in my house and they are not discounted in my (not very) local Tescos. Boo.[​IMG]