1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Manga High Maths

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by brookes, Sep 24, 2009.

1. It would be great if they could confirm about the free aspect - especially seeing as our current subscription expires in the next few months.

2. Maths_Mike

Maths_Mike New commenter

if true seems pretty unequivical to me

3. chrisa86

chrisa86 New commenter

Would be excellent if it was, perhaps they've gone to ads as opposed to getting money from licenses. It certainly still wants you to pay currently though...

4. Folks, I'm happy to confirm that we are going COMPLETELY FREE to UK and Irish schools, for ever!

ALL of our resources - maths games and Prodigi lessons - and all of our analytics and class management tools will be available to schools through their free membership.

This is not a sales gimmick, in fact quite the opposite; we do not ever intend to charge UK & RoI schools for subscriptions in the future.

The reason that some of you have found that the option to upgrade still exists, is because we don't switch over to the free model until later today. We are releasing news to the press this week, but it appears that some of you found out about this before our official announcement! So please be patient, and you will find that by the end of today we will have removed reference to subscriptions, and to 'Basic membership' and 'Performance Plan.

Please post if you have questions - I will check back into this thread later

5. Just had a quick look at this and certainly the animations look amazing. Whoever made this has put a huge amount of skill into it and the results are very impressive.

I'm not so sure how they can offer it for free without putting adverts there, it must have taken a serious amount of time programming and illustrating this and that can't have been cheap. Certainly, if I were mymaths I'd be getting very worried.

I'm not so sure about the tag 'teacher led lessons' though, but that's just a small quibble.

6. Maths_Mike

Maths_Mike New commenter

Well I can only say a great big thank you.
    I have been registered (but not a subscriber purely because the school could not affoed it) from day one and there is no doubt your site is outstanding.
    I could not quite believe you were really making the whole thing free and I apologise for my initial scepticism.
    I wish you and all at Manga High massive success and I am sure many many UK school children will also be major greatful and will improve there maths skills and prospects as a result of your site.

7. Thank you all for your support.

Please could you all spread this message to as many interested teachers as you can.

To justify our decision to go completely free, we really need to show that it has led to a big increase in the number of students who are using the resources. So I'm very keen to convince schools already registered to make more use of the site, and also to convince other schools to sign up and try it out with their students.

If any of you who are registered need any help, maybe with forgotten passwords, or if you would like us to upload your class lists for you, then please contact me directly, either by message on this forum, or on or ross.mackenzie@mangahigh.com , or (0207) 307 8684

Thanks again.

8. Hi Ross
    I've just emailed your message to about 1000 teachers - hopefully that will help!
    Kevin Smith
    OCR GCSE Maths

9. Thank you Kevin, that's fantastic!

We made the official announcement early today, and we've been bombarded by messages of thanks from excited teachers all morning, so we're very confident that going free was the right decision!

10. We did have a suite of computers predominantly for use in Maths lessons. However, for a couple of years we lost this access to other subjects, so I have not used Manga High much since.

We have recently found that this room is bookable again

Manga High still send me emails on a regular basis,. Before, I re-uploaded all the new classlists, which can be time consuming, I thought I would take another look. It appears that it is now just the games that are free to UK schools and not the Prodigi lessons.

Has anyone else experienced this?

11. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

The free model has indeed changed but you can still set Prodigi quizzes - but only for a week at a time (I used to set them with far away dates but that is not possible any more).

12. Thanks, Casy. I've found them now!

13. pipipi

pipipi New commenter

And there is a competition, UK schools vs USA schools, starting very soon...