1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mandarin teacher

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by cuteeva, Jan 25, 2012.

1. I am planning to apply for the Mandarin teaching position in UK. Unfortunately there are not much. I tried last year around March to August, and there are more vacancies posted. Is it because the main recruiting periods are spring and summer?

Could anyone give me more suggestions about the websites of language teaching, independent schools who open Mandarin learning and language teaching agencies. I've tried and googled but only found two or three.

Thanks for your help.

2. I am planning to apply for the Mandarin teaching position in UK. Unfortunately there are not much. I tried last year around March to August, and there are more vacancies posted. Is it because the main recruiting periods are spring and summer?

Could anyone give me more suggestions about the websites of language teaching, independent schools who open Mandarin learning and language teaching agencies. I've tried and googled but only found two or three.

Thanks for your help.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Very very few schools have full time Mandarin teachers. Most have only a few hours per week, so they advertise locally rather than nationally.
    There is no way of finding easily which schools teach Mandarin. You will have to look individually at their websites. There will be no teaching agencies dealing with Mandarin as there is insufficient demand.
    Before taking this further, you should check with the British Embassy or Consulate in your country to see if you have the right to reside and work in the UK according to Asylum and Immigration laws. If you do not, there is little point in applying for any posts, I'm afraid.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com