1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mandarin Chinese Teaching

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Fishdd, Dec 23, 2011.

1. I am in the middle of a one year Primary PGCE at Sheffield Hallam and will be seeking a NQT position from September 2012. Although my PGCE is at primary level, as a native Mandarin speaker, I would really like to move into Mandarin teaching at either primary or secondary level.
    Is there a best way for me to approach this? Is there anyone in particular who may be able to help in such a move?
    I was previously an English teacher in China and have been working as a teaching assistant in the UK since 2005, at both primary and secondary schools. I have university graduations from China but also have a BA(Hons) from the University of Hull.
    Thanks.

2. I am in the middle of a one year Primary PGCE at Sheffield Hallam and will be seeking a NQT position from September 2012. Although my PGCE is at primary level, as a native Mandarin speaker, I would really like to move into Mandarin teaching at either primary or secondary level.
    Is there a best way for me to approach this? Is there anyone in particular who may be able to help in such a move?
    I was previously an English teacher in China and have been working as a teaching assistant in the UK since 2005, at both primary and secondary schools. I have university graduations from China but also have a BA(Hons) from the University of Hull.
    Thanks.

3. doctorinthetardis

doctorinthetardis New commenter

Reading your post, I immediately thought that you could work in an International School as a Chinese Teacher. I've seen a lot of Chinese Teacher vacancies recently and I guess with degrees from England and your previous teaching experience both internationally and in the UK, you're definitely well qualified and ina good position to be applying! Good luck.