1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

mandarin - Chinese day

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by donksdoodles, Feb 17, 2011.

1. My school is planning to run a Chinese day. As part of this pupils will spend time doing various activities within the creative arts department. I have also been asked to offer a one hour lesson on the Chinese language. I do speak Mandarin and I am looking for some creative ideas. I will have 4 different classes and do not want to teacher a 'basic greetings and numbers' lesson 4 times. Instead I would like to teach each class something different in Chinese and allow them to feedback to each other at the end of the day. Any suggestions of Chinese rhymes etc would be hugely appreciated, as would suggestions of what to teach!! Thanks in advance to all!!

2. My school is planning to run a Chinese day. As part of this pupils will spend time doing various activities within the creative arts department. I have also been asked to offer a one hour lesson on the Chinese language. I do speak Mandarin and I am looking for some creative ideas. I will have 4 different classes and do not want to teacher a 'basic greetings and numbers' lesson 4 times. Instead I would like to teach each class something different in Chinese and allow them to feedback to each other at the end of the day. Any suggestions of Chinese rhymes etc would be hugely appreciated, as would suggestions of what to teach!! Thanks in advance to all!!

3. I use the BBC languages website where there are some interesting videos (3-5 mins) based on various topics. There are also some printable resources for these topics for further activities. If you google BBC languages Chinese you will find it all there.