1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Manchester Talent Pool - work experience query

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by mini spazzolino, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Just passed my interim assessment for first placement on PGCE and starting to feel like maybe I can do this and might actually get a job at the end of it......so am trying to apply for the Manchester 'Talent Pool' for NQTs and have quite a specific question that someone may or may not be able to answer!

It is asking for me to list work experience under the heads 'School experience', 'Paid work experience' and 'Unpaid/voluntary experience'. Has anyone got any idea whether, A) We include experience in school based training placements during the course, B) If so, which category that would come under, and C) Who the 'employer' would be??

Trying to get ahead whilst feeling positive and 'head above water' about things, but have stumbled at the first hurdle!

Thanks to anyone who can help!
    xxx

2. Your PGCE placement will go under teacher training/education.
    Paid work experience would be something like Student Associateship, and unpaid/voluntary experence is what you did prior to PGCE in preparation for applying for a place, or just working as a classroom volunteer.