1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Manchester Met Drama course 2012

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by amy5towers, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Hi, Im Amy. Im doing the drama PGCE in September 2012 at Manchester Met. I think it would be nice to live with people doing the same course and going through the same experiences. Anyone interested in a house share?

2. zippy113

zippy113 New commenter

I'm thinking of applying for this coursefor 2013 start (of its going to be running!) and i was wondering what the interview was like? What did you have to do etc?

Sam
    x

3. Hi Sam,

The day consisted of a group of us listening to a man describing the course and then allowing us to ask questions. Then the interview was a private informal chat with a couple of the course teachers. They asked questions about what I had written in my personal statement. They also emailed me a couple of weeks prior to the interview with a list of topics to revise that they may or may not be asking me about. It was things like, inclusion, equality and diversity, the importance of drama in the national curriculum, stuff like that. But that was all, there was no test or mini teaching session. Good luck if you decide to go ahead!

Amy x

4. zippy113

zippy113 New commenter

Thats great thank you. Good Luck on the course. x