1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Manchester Jewish Museum

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lucy0806, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Hello
    Has anyone visited the Manchester Jewish Museum with Key Stage 1?

2. Hello
    Has anyone visited the Manchester Jewish Museum with Key Stage 1?

3. my own son went in year 3. It was good

4. Jen g

Jen g New commenter

Yep, i have been for the last two years with my year 2 class and both sessions have been set at the right level for the children. We do the synagogue talk and the Shabbath meal role play. They send you some worksheets which can be printed off to make a useful booklet. There is no where to eat lunch apart from the garden but you are dependent on the weather so we normally take a morning slot and have lunch when we return to school which is about 50mins away form manchester. The staff are always very friendly and we are certainly intending on returning next academic year.
    Hope this helps [​IMG]

5. Yes. Took Y1/2 and it was great. Well worth the 80 minute drive.

6. Thank you. I am a student teacher currently and I will be teaching a mixed y1/2 class next term. I have previously visited the museum with 6th form students when I carried out some work experience but I noticed that they do visits for primary children too.