1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Manchester City win the cup!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by vannie, Feb 28, 2016.

1. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Yay! And worthy winners too. With all the pundits condemning Pellegrini's choice of goalie, Manuel decided to stick with ***** Caballero (who has been our cup goalie all season). 'I would rather lose the title than lie to *****' he said. What a gentleman.

aspensquiver_2 likes this.
  2. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Did it go to penalties?

3. vannie

vannie Star commenter

His name is W i l l y for goodness sake.

aspensquiver_2 likes this.
  4. vannie

vannie Star commenter

It did indeed and Caballero saved three of them. Hero!

5. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

6. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Sorry about that ....didn't have you pegged for a scouser!

7. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

8. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Oh dear ..... sorry to all Liverpool supporters. Roll on Wednesday eh?

9. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Thank God. What an afternoon. MrDt had been pacing up and down for hours, beforehand. I know to keep out of the way and I work out what's going on by the sounds coming out of the living room. He could take it no more and turned off the TV when all seemed lost. When he switched it back on again, I could tell by the whoops and yells that they'd won.

aspensquiver_2 and vannie like this.
  10. vannie

vannie Star commenter

We were exactly the same. We had about 9 chances and kept hitting the woodwork and we started to wonder if it was just not going to be our day. We were the best team though.

11. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

My son has been a supporter since he was kneehigh to a grasshopper. When my grandboy was born we announced his birth in the Times thus 'In Sydney to X and Y, a son F, fledgling Liverpool supporter for Uncle W and apple of Nana Lasca's eye'. The Times were very snotty about it and said they weren't sure they could put it in and had I thought of other papers that would welcome it because their own readers might not want to announce their children's birth next to something about football. I was well ****** off and wrote to the editor from whom I got a very charming reply. The person who was taking the ad said the Times was the organ of public record and it had a reputation to uphold. Snotty sods. I cancelled my sub after that.

aspensquiver_2 and vannie like this.
  12. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

it was heck of a game - well, later on it was. thrill a minute and some great saves. even a small brawl.
    wrong team won though... LFC have a special place in my heart

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  13. delnon

delnon Lead commenter

Well, I'm not biased. I don't care who beats Liverpool. :)

14. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

:p :p :p :p :p

15. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Good for you .... your team is your team!

Lascarina and Dragonlady30 like this.
  16. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Meanwhile in the important competition......Spurs are now serious title contenders.

17. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

KlutzontheSofa is bereft, it's not just the fact his team lost but the constant texts from our BlueManc friends.

18. vannie

vannie Star commenter

You are indeed. I think that Leicester will take some beating though. Exciting season!