1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Managing Applications to Sixth Form

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by mypseudonym, May 19, 2017.

1. mypseudonym

mypseudonym New commenter

Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone can tell me how their school manages applications to their sixth form?

Up until last year our 6F team would put everything into a spreadsheet. Without fail they would make a mess of it as it was shared amongst different people with varying degrees of excel skills.

I attempted to build them a system, but they keep changing the goal posts of what they need the system to do and I'm finding msyelf spending too much time tweaking stuff to their requirements - when I have an actual job I need to be doing.

I have tried to encourage them to buy an off the shelf package to record/track and analyse applications but whilst I;m working here they just want to give me the work.

Could anyone shine some light on what they do at their school to record, track and analyse sixth form applications each year?

Thanks,
    M

2. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Can't your MIS do this?