1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Management queries

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by georgiaburkexox, Apr 14, 2018.

1. georgiaburkexox

georgiaburkexox New commenter

Hi
    I work in a private nursery and i have an issue as we do not have a deputy manager or secondary senco/safeguarding officer/fire marshal etc...

I understand recruitment can be tough but the stat framework states a deputy must be in place on the absence of the manager.

I have been told to run the nursery whilst the manager is off on annual leave out of the country. I do not feel this is suitable as there is no names person as a deputy and i am not it.
    I am qualified to a level 5 and have 7 yrs experience 3 being of leadership status.

What worries me is that they expect me to just do it but would not give me the opportunity to be deputy officially.

How would you approach your manager with this? They can be rude and not understanding but what they're planning on doing is not acceptable....

Help please!

Thanks
    X

2. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Lead commenter

Having a deputy is a legal requirement as you rightly say. You can refuse to take over unless you or someone else is made deputy
    You can whistleblow to OFSTED but I know this is very difficult. To be honest do you really want to work in a nursery with such disregard for statutory requirements?