1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Managed Staff Reduction

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by GrahamEdgar, Aug 6, 2011.

1. My school is currently undergoing MSR and I have been given a clear indication that I am likely to lose my job after next year. I have been told that my HT will wave the notice period so I can leave as soon as I find a job. I have thought about sending my CV to Heads of schools in the area, expressing my availability and willing to seek new employment with immediate effect. I would like some advice on a) the appropriateness of doing this. Would you as Head Teachers think this was too forward if you received a CV before a job has even been advertised? b) would you, in my current Headteacher's position resent my alerting other schools to the situation at our school. All advice gratefully received

2. My school is currently undergoing MSR and I have been given a clear indication that I am likely to lose my job after next year. I have been told that my HT will wave the notice period so I can leave as soon as I find a job. I have thought about sending my CV to Heads of schools in the area, expressing my availability and willing to seek new employment with immediate effect. I would like some advice on a) the appropriateness of doing this. Would you as Head Teachers think this was too forward if you received a CV before a job has even been advertised? b) would you, in my current Headteacher's position resent my alerting other schools to the situation at our school. All advice gratefully received

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I'd speak to your head and ask their opinion. Maybe they would recommend you to heads in other schools?
    I could be wrong but I think you'll just have to join the rest of us in applying for advertised posts. Sorry to hear about the job, a years notice isn't too bad though, on my last redundancy I left the same day! Good luck with the job hunt, I wouldn't wish it on anyone x