1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Managed Moodle

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by cj3, Apr 7, 2011.

1. cj3

cj3

We are considering going down the managed Moodle route - any recommendations of which companies offer good service? Thanks.

2. Can I ask why you're not tempted to "go it alone" and install and manage it yourself? It's a lot of time and effort, but the managed moodle route gets a bit expensive and the drawbacks seem to outweigh the benefits of choosing the free software. I'd be tempted to go Frog if I was choosing managed as it's a far more user-friendly system.
    Back to managed Moodle's - WebAnywhere are quite friendly (aka SchoolAnywhere and alike) but expensive (SIMS plugin alone with support and upgrades can be around £3k in the first year) - its worth asking around and getting some quotes ... support will be the same at the end of the day, it's just like shared web hosting providers (but more expensive!)

3. LUNS.net http://www.luns.net.uk/services/virtual-learning-environments/
    I don't work for them but they ran the Moodles for hundreds of schools in Lancashire and Cumbria (until we got reorganised and taken over by BT) - they do packages dependent on the size of your establishment and are very flexible - and as some of them are core developers for Moodle they know what they are doing as well.