1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Mamta's kitchen

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by lapinrose, Dec 15, 2011.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I had completely forgotten about this website until I had an email from Mamta this morning. We used to post on Nicebites in its heyday.
    It's an excellent resource for Indian recipes.

http://www.mamtaskitchen.com/index.php

2. Thanks for the reminder. I used to post on nicebites too! No email for me - though I don't have the one I used to use!!
    I can feel an Indian feast coming on!

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Now you've got me wondering what your name was!!
    Sylv's still doing well oop north,

4. I can't tell you, it was my real name!
    But it does make you think...... how many people do we meet on more than one board and never know it??

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Same here!! I miss the forums on there, but the recipes are still there.

6. You've started something now....
    I have just posted that I feel I have lost my Christmas mojo, I just can't get excited about the cooking. I'm getting desperate to regain it..... maybe a peruse of some yesteryears will be helpful!

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Peruse the old Norbert spotting, or Shirley's excellent'It was a dark and stormy night...................'
    She's fine btw, living in France now.

8. Oh, I tried to logon but the old board doesn't let in new users... and I have no clue as to what my password would have been - no email address available either!
    I remember that Sylv went to France or wanted to buy a holiday home and got Norberted out of it! We had tried to buy a gite at about the same time and only realised on a Friday that there was an enormous factory on the other side of the high boundary hedge - a very loud klaxon went of at 4pm, for about 20 minutes! We assumed it went off every day, just early on Friday's! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

I shall continue with my search for a good sauce for onion salad!!! Mamta may have the answer. I just can't seem to get it quite right - not takeaway'ey enough!

9. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Sylv was in Belgium then France, I believe, however Ian contracted bowel cancer and died a few years ago. She now has a new partner and a Labrador called Charlie.