1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Male Primary Teachers - Please help

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mrtaylor001, May 20, 2012.

1. Hi Everybody,
    I am currently collecting data via a survey for my dissertation with regards to the shortage of male primary teachers. However, I need to more male primary teachers to answer just 5 short survey questions.
    The survey can be found here:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/88NG73Y
    The lack of males taking part in my survey is something I will consider when discussing my findings.
    Thanks for reading this post!
    All the best,
    Mr T
    {:mad:>

2. Hi Everybody,
    I am currently collecting data via a survey for my dissertation with regards to the shortage of male primary teachers. However, I need to more male primary teachers to answer just 5 short survey questions.
    The survey can be found here:
    The lack of males taking part in my survey is something I will consider when discussing my findings.
    Thanks for reading this post!
    All the best,
    Mr T

3. jwraft

jwraft New commenter

Link doesn't work!

4. Hi jwraft,
    I'm sorry that the link didn't work for you. I've just tested it and it worked, plus there has been activity on the stats this morning, so I am unsure why it didn't work for you.
    It is possible that the Survey Monkey were having difficulties when you attempted to complete the survey? Perhaps it will work if your not too busy to have another try?
    All the best,
    Mr T

5. Done! Although my answer to the last question was "the same as female teachers/TA's" but this option was not available :(

6. Goodmorning Alrightmebabbers!
    Thank you for taking the time to respond.
    I am trying to understand how both male and female teachers feel about being role models. There was a seperate survey for female teachers with exactly the same questions.
    It is quite surprising that out of the two surveys, there is a shortage of male respondents - maybe this answers my disseratation question - "Is there a shortage of male primary school teachers?" LOL
    All the best,
    Mr T

7. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

a smaller percentage is not the same as a shortage, one is an absolute, the other a matter of 'opinion' or at the very least subjective. There are far fewer men working in primaries, surely you would expect fewer male respojdents? why the surporise?
    I know a visiting ICT technician, CRB checked, employed by the LA on behalf of schools, who goes once a week to a nursery but is not allowed into the classrooms while the children are there - guess what gender.....?

8. Hello.

Thank you for your time. My survey is now closed as I needed to collate the stats for my dissertation.
    It was an interesting project to work on and I hope that I will be able to publish my work just as soon as my tutor has marked it. maybe I could post my work on here?

All the best,
    Mr T

9. Won't let me answer! How long was it up for?

10. What gets me is how 2 female teachers can take children on a trip, swimming whatever but a male teacher has to have a female with them.