1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Malaysia

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by annaca1988, Feb 11, 2020.

1. annaca1988

annaca1988 New commenter

Looking for some insight into a school in Malaysia. Is anyone able to help with this?

2. Jason_Bourne_

Jason_Bourne_ Occasional commenter

Any particular school? Don't forget that you're not allowed to name schools so you'll have to be creative with your hints...

3. HeroForTheDay

HeroForTheDay New commenter

Is the school in KL, Penang or in Sabah/Sarawak?

4. annaca1988

annaca1988 New commenter

It's in KL, there are a network of schools across Malaysia and it has 'eco' in its name...

5. Barkham1

Barkham1 New commenter

My family and I had a fantastic time in KL back in 2010 to 2013. It is a great city and we have a great lifestyle and went on luxury holidays there all the time. Financially though, the currency is worth hardly anything if you visit Europe or go back home in the hols.

6. Barkham1

Barkham1 New commenter

Ah yes and be wary of schools that are Chinese owned as the one you are speaking about possibly is: they get their pound of flesh and expect a lot. I worked out of KL on a mad commute but when I got there it was a great place to be.

7. taiyah

taiyah Occasional commenter

This group of schools are no longer Chinese-Malay owned. The majority of schools owned by this (UK) group are/can be labeled as 'good' schools.

They have their ups and downs. What school doesn't. But they pay on time, member of the EPF scheme, been doing it for a while so visa and HR are fine.. Even if it's frustrating, you are in Malaysia.. An amazing country to be in. Hop on Air Asia for all your traveling needs. Otherwise, bucket of 6 Tigers for 25-28RM can also ease your school w-t-f moments.